[Wolves] Thanks - networking linux to router

Steve Ruffles douseruffles at spruffles.plus.com
Wed Dec 24 14:16:30 GMT 2003

Thank you to all who advised on this.
Plugged into router as suggested, selected DHCP when configuring
NIC,settings were read and off it went.

Big step for me, small for you folks, but thanks anyway.

I note discussions about promoting use of Linux.This may cheer you up.I
work in NHS which has paid a fortune for licences from MS (800,000 users
I think), and looks set to pay a lot more.The NHSIA (NHS Information
Authority) has informed Microsoft that it intends to look at using Linux
on basis of reliability and lower cost to the exchequer.This is probably
just an attempt to push MS into lowering it's prices, but we'll see!

Happy Christmas and New Year to all list members.

Steve