[Wolves] Bloke vs. Bloke: graphics engines: some initial thoughts

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Mar 21 11:16:01 2003

s parkes spoo'd forth:
>>especially not with scripting-language bindings. The major open-source
>>engine is obviously CrystalSpace. CS appears to have Python bindings,
>>and I have also seen Perl bindings mentioned, but these things are
>>rampantly undocumented. The Nebula Engine uses Tcl/Tk (oof) as its
>>scripting language. Ogre seems to have Python bindings. Everything else
>>requires you to write in C.
>>
> Those are pretty heavy duty engines for a s-v-s clone ;-) Lets try and use
> an SDL engine to make the windows port easier, lol

SDl will give us graphics and sound, but we'd have to do all the work
of writing the *game*. The plan with using an engine was that there
would be structures in place specifically for game writing -- actor
objects, collison detection, inventory, multiplayer network code, etc
etc.

Aq.

--
Can i dial 1-255-255-255 and make every phone in the world ring?
           -- Tanuki