[Wolves] BBC

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Apr 1 11:52:49 BST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Peter Cannon wrote:

> Hi Sparkes
>
> Thanks for that long tirade I think before you start spouting Internet
> etiquette at me you ought to think about the swearing I'm sure your ISP
> wouldn't approve.

I don't think my isp would be bothered about the language.  They only
provide bandwidth and are not expected to censor my content has proved in
courts as proved time and time again.

How can a self confessed spammer (sorry unsolicited email sender) threaten
me with my languge?

> The man who starts shouting has lost the argument -- Plutarch

and the man who quotes to make himself look clever is a prick.

www.webeditorblog.com for a recent rant about this

> I am happy to send emails in whatever format is required however you
> need to be specific. If some one is doing something wrong its no good
> swearing at them and expecting them to get it right just because you
> know the answer and they don't.

you have been told why the format you choose is inappropriate several
times.  Including jono laying down the law yesterday.

> Just the same as using terms that not many people know. Why don't you
> say "I'll add you to my blocked senders list"? That way there is no
> misunderstanding.

because killfile is the name for it.  Use google for terms you don't
understand.

> You have my admiration for building a career out of free software (That
> is not taking the pee, that is genuine) what I would say is "It takes a
> million pounds to get a good name and one bad word to destroy it"
> swearing, going off on one doesn't instill confidence in customer
> relations?

I have a decent standing within the community based on the fact I have
worked within the community for several years.  I can get some pretty
important people from some major companies to tell my clients I have got
what it takes.

> I was asked to switch from HTML to plain text I did it, I try and keep
> my mails short if you want something more then ask politely keep your
> foul mouth to yourself.

I am still very pissed off with your actions and responce (kudos though
for not responding in anger like I did) but i stand by all my words and
actions on this list.

Do you stand by your accusation that young people need rohypnol to get
laid?  or that the sending of mass unsolicited mail for commercial reasons
is acceptable?

> Oh yes as more and more people join the LUG which they will, the
> diversity of opinions, actions and the way things are done are really
> going to hack you off I suggest you modify your responses or you get
> lost.

They  have it used to be just two of us and whoever we grabbed off the
streets that day.  Peter why are you bothering to tell me to go away?  you
are disrespecting the community of which I am part of by totally
disregarding the wisdom and ethics we have built up.  If I get pissed off
with you and use inappropriate language killfile me ;-) I have said I have
no problem with anyone not seeing my words on this list, none whatsoever.
If you don't wish to read my mail RTFM and killfile me.

> --
good try ;-) but you need a space after the dashes to make it work on all
email clients, you might also want to add your name above the dashes so it
remains even after the rest has been killed

> Regards
>
> Peter Cannon

sparkes