[Wolves] lilo and how to fix a dooda

scared at geneforensic.mine.nu scared at geneforensic.mine.nu
Sat Dec 25 11:40:45 GMT 2004

Merry Xmas Everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed the pressies that Santa managed to squeeze through
the heater flu!

I've gone and been a bit silly.  For some reason it seemed a bit clever to
replace the MicroShite98 partition on my box with an XP install.  Now I
know I should have made a boot disk but floppy disks are not something I
bother with installing and I still have not configured my CDRW to work
under Linux.

For some unknown reason (I wish that sounded plausible) M$ rewrote the MBR
and now my LILO install won't play ball.   Does anyone know a nice simple
way of resolving this situation?   I have thought of using a knoppix disk
but could not get it to locate the lilo.conf that is on my Deb install.

thanks all
leo.