[Wolves] GIMP 2.0pre3 - anyone tried it?

Jono Bacon jonobacon at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 13:10:44 GMT 2004

Hi,

I saw this - is the UI *really* that different?

I don't want to start up an MDI war here as it has all
been discussed before, but there are a shitload of
photoshop users who love MDI who are put off coming
over and using GIMP. It is a shame they don't at least
have an option to enable it so both sets of users are
happy.

  Jono

--- Old Dan <dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I just downloaded and compiled Gimp 2 pre3.  I was
> all ready to slate it
> big time since they make a big thing of the new UI
> and TBH from the
> screenshots they didn't look all that different from
> 1.2.
>
> I'm not going to slate it.  It rocks.  The printing
> module now actually
> makes sense, you now have a series of options for
> image size (as opposed
> to just 'enter how big you want it'...) including,
> bizarrely, toilet
> paper, CMYK is in there (though admittedly God only
> knows where...), and
> most importantly it is now more Colourful and
> Flashy.  :)
>
> So, in short, it rocks.  Go on, try it, you /know/
> you want to.  :)
>
> --
> Dan
> ..the Man who gets python questions wrong.

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician