[Wolves] GPL, IP and patents..

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 09:31:50 GMT 2004

Adam Sweet said:
> I know that these things aren't uncommon, I think
> David Goodwin said he was faced with one and I think
> HP had Steve Wozniak of Apple on one when he built the
> first Apple I (though iirc they laughed at him when he
> showed the prototype to them and asked what normal
> people would want with computers (congratulations,
> join the list with the guy who turned down the Beatles
> ;)), but do you want to offer anything you do in your
> spare time to your employers? Thats harsh.

One solution would be to pull the Sir Clive Sinclair manoeuvre: design
something a bit crap and mad, so they release you from your contract
early. Apparently, that's what Sinclair did, after he sold up to Amstrad.
>From what I've read, it was the Pandora project, which was meant to be a
laptop that projected a display into the space directly above itself.

http://www.nvg.ntnu.no/sinclair/computers/loki/loki.htm#pandora