[Wolves] Promoting Linux

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 18:49:23 BST 2004

 --- Peter Oliver <p.d.oliver at mavit.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Mo Awkati wrote:
>
> > At home I had to install XP on my son's pc. I lost
> the battle to the
> > Boss as she insisted that this is what they use at
> school.
>
> All the more reason to install Linux.  Give him a
> chance to be
> "bilingual" :-)

Install all of the kids games on a Linux machine and
place it in line of sight. Tux Piant and Potato Guy
(aka KTuberling) have my 5 year old niece occupied for
hours (no comment on reports that computer games are
used as cheap childminders...) Worst case scenario
there is a Windows port of Tux Paint and a Java
version of Frozen Bubble.

Well thats my spare time sorted then...

On a serious note, you are probably right Mo,
education is a great area for Linux advocacy, but as
Jono will probably say, he investigated this some time
back and found that Research Machines (aka RM - UK
educational IT provider) hold the reins on this one
and are staunch Windows users/suppliers.

With no special genius ideas of my own, I will listen
to the rest of the thread...

Ad

=====
--