[Wolves] Promoting Linux

Martyn Carey lists at kryogenix.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 21:58:03 BST 2004

I agree totally that by educating people and aiming at schools is a good
place!

You miss one big problem windows engineers/support companys are two a penny
and cost of replacing them with more sophisticated support (i.e Linux
engineers) outweighs the price savings! As i said RM are windoze biased and
do get huge discounts.

Going to start a flame war here but win engineers know how to click a few
boxes to get stuff to work wheras linux command line engineers need to know
how things work. You try getting bind to work without knowing what dns is,
or postfix without knowing smtp. Exchange server and dns on windoze is a few
wizards and a couple of tick boxes to get it going!

I think you get my point?

Martyn