[Wolves] Revitalising the LUG

Katherine Goodwin kat at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 15:54:33 BST 2005

Jono Bacon wrote :
> On 8/17/05, Katherine Goodwin <kat at codepoets.co.uk> wrote:
> > Want a plone site which people can share responsibilty for? (Don't want
> > to sound like a broken record, but I am very impressed with it)
> > I'll install one on my laptop tonight so people can take a look if they
> > like.
>
> I would say no to a large CMS driven site. I did set up a PHP Nuke a
> few years back with news, forums and the like, and it died from lack
> of updates. I don't think this would be any different today.

Obviously we don't want it to go the way of the wiki (although that's
looking rather more populated these days)

I'm not looking at it from the perspective of trying to get more
content, just as a way of easily allowing many(several) editors to make
sure that what content is there, is updated.

I think the essential thing is that we keep it up to date.  Accurate
meeting details and more information about regular members alone would
make a big difference.

> I am convinced we can get more out of our site, but I am unsure how we
> can do it and ensure it gets updated.

Looks like its going to be an interesting meeting tonight. :-)

Kat