[Wolves] FEDORA CORE 3 - Mount commands

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 14:13:10 GMT 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:34:10 +0000, Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> No! Sorry mate but I cant sit back and accept that!
>
> Your problem is that you have stuff on another drive if it was on the same
> drive there wouldn't be a problem.
>
> You can get at this info and you could move it but you don't want to.

No Peter, sorry mate but I think that there is a misunderstanding
here.  I can see the data on that drive.  I can move the data in one
direction on that drive.  No problem.  Fine. What I cannot do and what
I need to do is move data in the opposite direction to that drive.
It's not godd sitting on that particular PC because I do not have any
of my peripherals attached to it.  It's a space thing I'm afraid.  I
have my Linux PC set up right next to my chair in the living room.  My
wife is not too pleased with this but there is nowhere else for it to
go.  If I were to try taking up more room with printers etc then that
would be pushing the boundaries a touch too far.  So, I have in the
past saved data onto the secondary drive using SuSE 9.1  Great, not  a
problem and it works for me.  I can then go and pop this drive - it's
in a removeable tray - into the Windows tin upstairs which does have
the printer attached and print the work off.  Result, domestic bliss
and I can use Linux to my hearts content.  Besides which there are
programmes on the Linux tin that are far better than I can afford on
the Micro$oft one.
 So you see it isn't an issue of not wanting to move data to the
primary drive it's moving or saving it to the secondary one in the
first place.

SuSE have typically washed their hands of this claiming it is not a
normal support issue.  It may not be for them but it is for me and it
has worked in the past so for me it is a bug.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street