[Wolves] Installation resources?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 21:32:51 GMT 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:57:32 +0000, Tim Humpherson
<tim.humpherson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alright, alright, Peter. You made your point there.
>
> I'll have to do some researching when I have time.  I do confess that
> I did ask you guys for a quick and easy answers.  But like you say,
> Peter, I'll roll up my sleeves and start digging myself into Linux on
> my own.
>
> cheers,
>
> Tim.
> A determined arsehole (wanting to get into the nitty-gritty world of Linux!)

Tim, Peter's a decent chap really ;-)  He is right but it's so very
easy just to wade straight in and ask without checking whatever
manuals, magazines you have at hand.  Heck, everybodies done it - all
apart from the saintly few.  It can be annoying but it's really
nothing to forgive the odd mistake.

I nearly resorted to posting a message about word processing
formatting the other day.  I had completely forgotten about how to use
the various different types of tabs.  I needed to use right hand ones
- did anybody know they are opposite in MS word and OOo word
processor? - I would have posted on one of the newsgroups of course
but then I suddenly remembered a large thick tome I have on Office 97.
 It had just what I wanted and is relevant to OOo too.

So, Tim, you are forgiven.  It's another little lesson learned :-)  In
Linux you never stop learning and it never stops being fun.  Give it a
few months and you'll find yourself giving back to the community and
you'll feel good.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer