[Wolves] Ubuntu Normal CD vs Live CD

Chris Ball chris at mnemonik.net
Thu May 19 09:26:20 BST 2005

If there is
> sufficient space on the hard drive I would then install ubuntu or another
> distro alongside ME making it a dual boot machine.

Kevan mentioned this to me, but I don't have a non-destructive partitoner

> If you do take ME out entirely with the machine being a Time machine I doubt
> they supplied a genuine ME install disc but just gave out a system restore
> disc, which restores from a 'hidden' partition, so once taken off the machine
> ME would not be salvagable.

Aye, I realise that but it's ME anyway, so who cares!

In other news, the install went fine. The winmodem doesn't work though,
so I was
wondering if anyone on the list had a spare 56k external modem they'd
be willing
to give/sell me? The one we're using belongs to her sister and I'm sure she
wouldn't appreciate me keeping it for my girlfriend.

Thanks in advance.