[Wolves] Hey, this is interesting...

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 6 22:01:57 BST 2006

Peter Cannon wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 June 2006 11:37, Joe Wrigley wrote:
>
>> http://www.ajaxwrite.com/
>>
> Looks alright, however I was thinking more along the lines of discussions
> we've had in the past about web based desktops. So being able to just log
> into Google and have all the basic apps allows people to work anywhere.

You mean more like the word processor Google already own?
http://www2.writely.com/info/WritelyOverflowWelcome.htm

Do you remember when the Goobuntu desktop rumour escaped and Google said
they didn't intend to compete with Microsoft on the desktop. That's
because they don't intend there to be a desktop. You just plug your
Google device into your Google socket and pay your monthly Google bill.
We'd die without water but we trust someone else to manage that  for us.
As far as the Board of Directors are concerned, someone else already
manages the service and it's that bunch of weirdos in IT. Look at the
way they dress and no-one understands a word they say you know...
> Its the old safety net syndrome "Oh gawd my computers broken I cant work"

What's a 'computer' Grandad?

Woo