[Wolves] New Linux User

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 11 18:01:25 BST 2006

Hi Rob

Welcome to the list. Hope you sort out the modem. I am not familar with Ubuntu, but I am with SuSE.

Welcome to the Linux world!

Mo

Broadfield Robert <BroadfieldR at walsall.gov.uk> wrote:   Message    Hello  all

 I'm new to Linux and  have joined this mailing list recently.  I'll probably need some support  over the coming months because I've lost faith with the world's most popular  operating system and have decided to go with Linux.  My distro of choice is  ubuntu but I couldn't figure out how use gnome to install/configure my serial  modem for dial up to the internet.  Maybe I should be doing something on  the command line.  The modem should work because I've had it working on an  older machine using Fedora Core.  Any clues?

 Rob