[Wolves] Online Storage

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 14:35:04 UTC 2010

Hi Mo :-)

Couple of things.  Firstly the side issue of ISP's not deleting data.
I am going to try an experiment in a month or two.  Years ago ( my
account expired about 5 or 6 yrs previous) I had a Virgin account.  I
haven't used them as an ISP for about 12 years now but I still had my
log active.  I shall see if I can resurrect my old account and try to
then get my old website up and running again.  I think I will be able
to do it but the falling down bit is that it was dial up...  I may
need to sort out my old modem to actually dial in to them.  Anyway, I
reckon they will still have all my old website stuff in storage.

Secondly the actual issue of online storage.  I use 'A Drive'
<http://www.adrive.com/>  to save none essential and critically none
sensitive data.  Just stuff like lists of interesting websites or
webpages that may go down over time.  I get 50gb of free storage.  It
works for me.  Don't forget we could also use Google Mail as storage
facility if it's set up as a network file system (I don't have the
details of how but it is doable in Linux and other OS's).

Anything sensitive is kept in removable data sticks that I only access
when and if...

Kevan
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire