[Wolves] asking How To...

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Fri May 28 14:09:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 15:04 +0100, Octavio Sanchez wrote:
> Hello group, it's been a while since I wrote and I have not gone to the
> meetings in a while (busy at school) but I have being reading your posts
> silently.
> And I was interested in this geek box post:
> http://popey.com/blog/2010/02/18/geekbox/
> So, now I wanted to install ubuntu (just because ubuntu is easy) into my
> 8gb pendrive, and I am sure it is installed there, but I don't know how
> to but the system there. I mean if I go to any computer how can I use
> this pendrivebuntu... I need to make it bootable? and reboot the
> computer I am in? what if I can't modify the booting order of the
> computer and it won't boot from pendrive?
> so if you know where is a HowTo about this I would thank that info.

If you use the tool in Ubuntu System->Admin->Startup Disk Creator it
will install the ubuntu system to your pen drive,  in that application
you can set it up to use the whole of the space remaining to use as
persistent space for files etc.

This application takes care of everything else for you all you need to
do is point the bios/boot up manager to boot from usb.

--
Seek That Thy Might Know

http://www.davmor2.co.uk