[Wolves] anyone heard of this project kano

Richard Barker richard.barker at quietwatercourse.co.uk
Tue Jan 28 21:20:35 UTC 2014

On 28/01/14 17:50, David Goodwin wrote:

>> I think a lot of people are too scared to own up and admit that Dave.
>

> One of my 'minions' has one - and it's sat unused for ages. I keep
> suggesting that he replaces our broken burglar alarm box with it....
> it's not happened yet.
>

> I admit they're probably great for allowing kids to get 'hands on'
> with stuff - making little robots that drive around the classroom
> floor - and there's scope for using them for e.g. heating automation
> and so on .... but unless you're in education or you want to wire up
> your home I'm not quite sure I see the point.
>

> David.

I have two, one is doing duty as a NAS unit with an external USB drive
shared via NFS. The other is being used for XMBC and may be used for a
little electronic tinkering in the near future or as an OwnCloud test rig.

The places they score for me are that they use very little power and are
completely silent, both of which are factors for me, especially the noise.

Rich.