[Wolves] Electromagnetic Field 2014: Call for Participation

Nick Hall nicholasbhall at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 13:49:05 UTC 2014

Sorry, that should have said Jonty - not Monty - !!

 Subject: [Wolves] Electromagnetic Field 2014: Call for Participation
 Date: Monday, 7 July, 2014, 20:04

 Hello!

 Electromagnetic Field (EMF) is a volunteer-run
 non-profit maker/hacker camping festival in the UK. We held
 our first event in 2012, and this year we're back and
 bigger than ever: a camping festival with over 1200 people
 of all ages, just outside Milton Keynes for a long weekend
 between the 29th and 31st of August.

 We run this event to promote people making and
 learning things across as many disciplines as possible.
 We'll take over a large field, roll out power and
 internet to every tent, and put on talks and workshops for
 three days.

 If you'd like a better idea of what that
 looks like, our website might help:https://www.emfcamp.org/about
 Our Call For Participation is open: we're
 looking for people to talk or give workshops. At previous
 events, we've had a huge variety of talks on everything
 from genetic modification to electronics, blacksmithing to
 high-energy physics, reverse engineering to lock picking,
 computer security to crocheting, and quadcopters to brewing.
 If you'd like to talk, we'll try and fit you
 in.

 We're especially keen to receive proposals
 from people outside the normal tech conference circuit (we
 welcome imposters!). If you need some inspiration, take a
 look at the list of talks from 2012:
 https://www.emfcamp.org/talks/2012
 If you'd like to submit a talk, simply fill
 in this short form:https://www.emfcamp.org/cfp

 We're also looking for groups to run
 villages: camps within EMF where like-minded people can camp
 together and host activities for other members. Previous
 villages have been anything from retro-gaming to
 lockpicking, chillout areas, and a full workshop complete
 with laser cutter! Some groups just camp together so
 interested people can find them, some organise a village
 around a topic of interest and allow anyone to join
 them.

 If you'd like to register a village
 there's more information here:https://wiki.emfcamp.org/wiki/Villages

 We're also looking for people to build installations and
 art around the site. We have a limited budget available to
 help fund these projects, and you can find the application
 form on the call for participation page. Previous years have
 seen anything from ride-on tanks to floating LED screens and
 gigantic metal letters spelling out the event name!
 We'll consider anything interesting, so don't
 hesitate to get in touch if you would like to
 contribute.

 Last but not least: EMF is an entirely
 volunteer-run event and takes a vast amount of time to
 organise. We need volunteers to help out in a variety of
 roles before, during, and after the event. If you'd like
 to get involved, email volunteer at emfcamp.org.

 If you would like promotional posters, flyers and
 stickers to display in your hackspace or give out at a
 meeting, email your address to contact at emfcamp.org
 and we'll post them out as soon as possible!

 You can find out more about EMF 2014 on our
 website:https://www.emfcamp.org
 You may also be interested in the BBC coverage of
 the event in 2012:
 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19441861
 Tickets are available from http://www.emfcamp.org/tickets,
 hope to see you in the field!