[Wolves] LPI Certficiation

John Alexander acontractornow at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 19 09:23:09 UTC 2015

Yeah the call in the Market is mostly for the RHCE, yes you do need to recert and the rules tend to change I did mine in 2010and now I need to recert for RHEL7. I did the course in India which is much cheaper at least at the time but now the difference is less and you can argue the toss on the prices here if you are persistent.
Recertification is just a matter of redoing the exams which are £400 rather than the usual first time price of £600.
The RHCE is a much better test of  Linux in general and RHEL skills in particular although yes it is biased at getting a RHEL system up and working.
I may pay the extra and go to  India again to do the exam as the change of location means you are focused at passing the exam not doing other stuff !
John A