[Worcs] Computer fairs

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 12 21:36:02 GMT 2006

On Sunday 12 November 2006 18:06, Stuart Parkington wrote:
> My intension primarily to
> simply to advertise the LUG and perhaps generate some new members.

Best done by giving out Ubuntu CDs to get people using Free Software ;-)

> > btw hello to the group from this new member :-)
>
> Welcome to the group. I'm new too, but it is very good to know it isn't
> just Frank and myself! :)
>
> Are you located in the Worcester area?

No - I've been working on a voluntary sector project for the
last year that was supposed to cover Worcs, as part of the
whole W Mids region. However, apart from a small
event that we held at the beginning of the year, I haven't
visited since - but I have been doing work in Shrops, Brum
and (occasionally) Herefordshire :)

However I'll be travelling south to the county next year when
I'll be working with some voluntary organisations there, with
Free Software - so I thought joining the local GNU/Linux group
would be a good thing :-)

 - Richard

Richard Smedley,                                    richard at sc.lug.org.uk
Sustainable IT Consultant
                            ``Software Freedom for the Voluntary Sector''

[Now is not a good time to ask me what happened to MOST.org.uk - but keep
watching this space ;^]