[Worcs] Computer fairs [was Re: LUG Meetings]

Stuart Parkington mrsparks_maillists at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 12 18:07:00 GMT 2006

Hi Richard
> Many computer fairs already allow this as part of
> the infopoint project. You can give away GNU/Linux
> (or other Free Software discs, such as the Open CD).
>
> http://infopointproject.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
I was aware of the infopoint project but thanks for reminding me about
it. I'd love to think we could have an infopoint stand at the computer
fair at the leisure centre - eventually! My intension primarily to
simply to advertise the LUG and perhaps generate some new members.

I have taken another look at the infopoint site and actually read the
FAQ etc! :) The Worcester fair isn't mentioned at all and to be honest i
don't know who the organiser is. Discovering the organiser, I think,
will have to become my first mission.

> btw hello to the group from this new member :-)
Welcome to the group. I'm new too, but it is very good to know it isn't
just Frank and myself! :)

Are you located in the Worcester area?

Stuart