[Worcs] First draft - LUG Poster

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 19:50:56 UTC 2010

Will Bickerstaff wrote :
> I've spent a bit of time today drafting a promotional poster
> (http://lug.worcester-county.org/images/promo/lugposter.pdf) for the
> LUG. Let me know your thoughts, A lot of the text comes from the FSF
> website, I'd like if everyone gave their suggestions for alternative
> texts, layout improvements etc.

Who do you want the poster to appeal to?

1. People who dislike microsoft?
2. People who already use Linux?
3. People who don't even understand they have a choice - and think
'Windows' is a PC?
4. Some other audience?

If you're trying to appeal to e.g. #2, then just stick a big penguin
on it or something...

I'm not personally convinced people will be persuaded by the 'free
software' 'free in cost' etc argument; if they are - they'll already
be involved.

At the last RnB LUG meeting some small leaflets were produced someone
had made; I don't remember them, but it might be worth emailing the
rnb at mailman.lug.org.uk list and asking.

Re hosting - lug.org.uk will give you hosting for static pages? I'd
suggest you (at the least) just promote worcs.lug.org.uk (or whatever
it is) and have this forwarding to somewhere else if necessary.
lug.org.uk isn't likely to go away ... 3rd party hosting may

David.
--
David Goodwin

[ david at codepoets dot co dot uk ]