[Autistic] The perfect lug meet

sam ende sam at sende.co.uk
Sat Jan 14 13:43:44 GMT 2006

On Friday 13 January 2006 17:05, chris procter wrote:
> Hi,

hi,

> My names Chris and I'm not autistic, however having
> read Sparkes rant on his blog (http://sp.arkes.co.uk/)
> and opening shot on this list I got to thinking:
>
> How do you structure a lug meeting to be inclusive,
> friendly and generally welcoming to all wether they're
> autistic, disabled, shy, dont know anybody else there,
> OSX user, or whatever.

i'm not even sure what a lug is never mind how to organise a lug
meeting :)

i'm a linux user who cant' program and who doesn't want to learn
programming. my interest in linux stems mainly from my husband being a
programmer. i think it is difficult for people like me to to connect to
the linux community because my mentality is more that of a windows user,
i just want it work and i'm not really fussed how it does that :)--that
attitude in the linux community is like committing sacrilege :)

sammi