[Autistic] introduction

sam ende sam at sende.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 00:04:58 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 20:16, sparkes wrote:

> The first time i spoke to baza it was because i reconised him from
> pictures on his site.  He was wearing a t-shirt with 'I read your mail'
> on it and i said 'I read yours too... Barry' which was true we are both
> on the south brum lug mailing list so it wasn't a lie.

i'd be incredibly embarressed now if he knows me but i don't remember,
happens to me all the time.

> it lasted about 20 seconds before I gave in and told him where i knew
> him from but when someone tells you they know who you are and read your
> email at a hacker conference you tend to take notice exspecially when
> they know your name in a place where name badges certainly aren't used
> and the black hat lot don't share their real names with friends ;-)

what do you mean by black hat lot ?

> The strange thing is I am normally pretty face blind and have been
> known to walk past close family members in the street (even my parents)

yes, me too, i even lose my husband in supermarkets, clubs etc. quite
often he's standing there and i don't recognise him until he makes a
movement that prompts my recognition.

> so Baza must have a pretty memorable face.  Plus it helps that the
> conversation only involved the two of us so if my wild guess was wrong
> it wouldn't have been so embarrassing.

 :) i , half the time don't know what to say when someone obviously
recognises me but i don't recognise them, usually i just pretend i do
which makes for awkward conversation at best. some people i recognise
easily but that's usually because they're wearing something recognisable,
ie the same hat or obviously differnt/alternative clothing. also i have a
type of information processing and reaction delay. i reckon i'm about
three days behind everyone else :) at least.
these lugs, they sound a bit intimidating for a non-programmer. i can't be
the only non geek linux user but it feels like it :)

sammi