[Autistic] humans still evolving

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Mar 10 18:01:13 GMT 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:01:53 +0000
"Daniel Jones" <djones9960 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some have proposed that as we have developed technologically &
> medically the mechanisms of natural selection have become less
> pronounced.

certainly in the last 100 years a mechanism called the Vauxhall has
allowed the human sub species chav to reproduce at a larger than
expected rate.  Unfortunatly the demise of the Rover, normally home to
the enemy of the chav, the blue plummed old biddy with 999 on speed
dial, may accelerate this effect.  It's hoped that the introduction of
the foreign import habit called Honda will allow the old biddy to again
prosper in this country but unfortunatly a type of Honda known as the
Type-R confuses the old biddy and many house chavs. But I digress.

To a certain extent technology allows people who would normally die
before parenthood to reproduce successfully and technology has
certainly helped people travel further to mate but humanity has always
used technology to minimise the effects of natural attrition.  How many
people get savaged by Bears in northern europe since the advent of the
crossbow? ;-)

Because every generation is a different combination of what went before
plus a piece a randomness you can minimise the effects of natural
selection all you like the process still continues.

> --
> Dan

sparkes - who remembered a very drunken night with Dan while walking
past the city bar today ;-)
--
motd: A core dump is like a late night chat with your SO.
You just want to play but she insists on telling you what's on her mind