[Autistic] humans still evolving

Dan Jones djones9960 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 01:49:28 GMT 2006

sparkes wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:01:53 +0000
>"Daniel Jones" <djones9960 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Some have proposed that as we have developed technologically &
>>medically the mechanisms of natural selection have become less
>>pronounced.
>>

>certainly in the last 100 years a mechanism called the Vauxhall has
>allowed the human sub species chav to reproduce at a larger than
>expected rate.  Unfortunatly the demise of the Rover, normally home to
>the enemy of the chav, the blue plummed old biddy with 999 on speed
>dial, may accelerate this effect.  It's hoped that the introduction of
>the foreign import habit called Honda will allow the old biddy to again
>prosper in this country but unfortunatly a type of Honda known as the
>Type-R confuses the old biddy and many house chavs. But I digress.
>
>To a certain extent technology allows people who would normally die
>before parenthood to reproduce successfully and technology has
>certainly helped people travel further to mate but humanity has always
>used technology to minimise the effects of natural attrition.  How many
>people get savaged by Bears in northern europe since the advent of the
>crossbow? ;-)
>
>Because every generation is a different combination of what went before
>plus a piece a randomness you can minimise the effects of natural
>selection all you like the process still continues.

Actually, I agree; although I do believe the process is somewhat
slower.  I can't believe we would (mostly) still be walking around with
appendixes if evolution were still occuring at it's 'natural' rate.

>sparkes - who remembered a very drunken night with Dan while walking
>past the city bar today ;-)

Aw, c'mon; you can forgive an alcie a /few/ things...  I do seem to
remember enjoying that night somewhat, though not enjoying the next day
at work so much....

Actually, not alcie, I prefer the term 'self-medicating'.... ;)

--
Dan