[Autistic] Virgin ADSL

Daniel Jones djones9960 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 18:40:46 GMT 2006

Hmmm

A friend of mine has been asked to reinstall a machine for a friend of
his.  When he was going through what he was going to do (wipe disk,
reinstall XP etc etc) he followed it up with 'I would put Linux(*) on
the machine but I don't think the broadband modem will work'...

Which made my ears prick up.  It turns out he's had major problems
getting the type of modem which Virgin supply working.  This won't be
a problem for me if it's the usual Speedtouch-type modem but is it?

Does anyone know?  Just wonderin'.

(*) He even pronounced it properly. :)
--
Dan