[Autistic] Virgin ADSL

Paul Stimpson paul at stimpsonfamily.co.uk
Sat Mar 11 22:14:18 GMT 2006

Hi,

On Sat Mar 11 18:40 , 'Daniel Jones' <djones9960 at gmail.com> sent:

>Which made my ears prick up.  It turns out he's had major problems
>getting the type of modem which Virgin supply working.  This won't be
>a problem for me if it's the usual Speedtouch-type modem but is it?

The Virgin site http://www.virgIin.net/internetaccess/broadband/planone/ shows a
modem. I can't read the label but it looks similar to the SpeedTouch modems shown
in the reviews section at asdlguide.org.uk. I reckon it's worth a go. If it
doesn't work it's always possible to change the modem for an ethernet modem/router.

I just looked at Virgin's packages and their download limits are pretty lousy
IMHO. They are getting only 2/3 of what I gat (and I complain about that!)

Cheers,
Paul.