[Bassetlug] Feb 2008 Meeting

Daniel White daniel at white-uk.net
Wed Feb 13 17:59:08 GMT 2008

I'm hoping to attend the meeting if my car can make it!

I'm particularly interested in getting Linux, particularly Ubuntu,
working on any kind of laptop. I've tried with both Apple iBooks and a
few PC laptops but with varying levels of success. It's becoming more
and more difficult to try and get Linux working on older Apple hardware
now that support for PowerPC is dwindling. I'm not really ready to put
Linux on my Core2 Duo iMac just yet.

I'd also like to have a go at trying to get a LAMP server working
properly, I've never really had the patience before so I gave up my
Debian Linux VPS hosting in favour of a Windows VPS (for fear of the
unknown!), both of which I cheated with by using Control Panels such as
DirectAdmin and Plesk. I'm now thinking of getting my own dedicated
server collocated and then maybe having another play with a Linux VPS

Regards,
Daniel