[Bassetlug] Feb 2008 Meeting

Mark Pengelly Shopping markshop at pengelly.info
Thu Feb 14 09:32:59 GMT 2008

Be good to see you Daniel...

Don't know much about VPS or mac - you'll have to tell us, but LAMP
installs are pretty strightforward.

I've got Ubuntu running quite nicely on a samsung laptop. Main issues for
me with it are/were:

getting the widescreen video drivers sorted - done

not really happy with the quality of the screen font's, especially in a
web browser, not as sharp as in windoze

getting multimedia fully working - automatix really helps

Wifi - easy in ubuntu 7.10

VMware server - again need to sort the win xp screen drivers

but all good fun!