[Bassetlug mailing] vnc issues

MJ.Wells mj.wells at ischus.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 23:09:03 UTC 2009

My problem with VNC was/is this:

When I first put VNC onto Ubuntu the machine worked fine. That is: starting
by logging into the login screen I could login to a user and then carry on
with the remote session OK.

However, after changing the entry in the menu 'System/Preferences/Remote
Desktop' to allow others to view your desktop I lose the VNC desktop after I
have entered the password and started the login. However re-accessing the
computer remotely using VNC then gives the logged in users Desktop.

I have tried to get back to the single VNC access situation without success.

I am working on the information in that link, but not got success yet. There
are some differences in the given RedHat locations for Ubuntu.

BTW: I think that if you right click on a twm desktop you get a menu that
enables you to fire up an xterm and so on.

Martin