[Bassetlug mailing] Next BASSETlug meeting

MJ.Wells mj.wells at ischus.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 22:49:52 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Mark has pointed out to me that either going to Gnome's menu 'Places/Connect
to server' or to Nautilus' menu 'File/Connect to server' puts the file
manager into FTP mode. This is an excellent solution for FTP which means
that most people do not need to load anythng else to be able to ftp files to
and from a web-server.

I think that KDE has similar function if you are running that, but I haven't
looked to see.

To summarise: To try some web-pages out all you need to do is to bring your
computer and plug into the network and go. Or as we say - 'plug and play' :)

Thanks Mark

Martin