[Bassetlug mailing] Fairtrade in Bassetlaw

MJ.Wells mj.wells at ischus.co.uk
Sun Mar 29 16:40:31 UTC 2009

Historically Linux has been connnected with the concept of independence of
thought and freedom. I feel that to be positively associated with any
commercial or political movement, however laudable, would damage that
independence.

We would be asking anyone who wished to join the group to be bound by a
concept that a few members had agreed to do - I don't think this would be in
keeping with the concept of 'freedom' and would possibly deter people from
joining.

I feel that our focus should be computing based around the Linux operating
platform and we should not be seen to have any other agenda - especially one
that a few would impose on others.

Martin