[Bassetlug mailing] Fairtrade in Bassetlaw

Danny Roberts droberts23 at csc.com
Mon Mar 30 08:52:06 UTC 2009

I have just had a chance to read the website and ponder the issue between
meetings and mostly I agree with what martin is saying.

What I propose is that perhaps we could adopt Fairtrade as our recommended
beverage/refreshment whilst at meetings but make it clear that if you feel
you want something else then you still have that option. I think this
would show support for the initiative but wouldn't restrict the concepts
of independence and freedom that we represent.

Kind Regards

DANNY ROBERTS
EMEA Cross Platform Services - Evergreen
CSC

GOS   I    p : +(44) 1246 523181    I    droberts23 at csc.com    I
www.csc.com

CSC, Block A, Manor Offices, Old Road, Chesterfield, S40 3QT.

CSC • This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
mistake in delivery.  NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not
operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to
explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting
the use of e-mail for such purpose • CSC Computer Sciences Limited •
Registered Office: Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot, Hampshire,
GU11 1PZ, UK • Registered in England No: 0963578

Mark Pengelly - online <markshop at pengelly.info>
Sent by: bassetlug-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
27/03/2009 10:21
Please respond to
"LUG Mailing list for Bassetlaw and N. Notts"
<bassetlug at mailman.lug.org.uk>

"LUG Mailing list for Bassetlaw and N. Notts"
<bassetlug at mailman.lug.org.uk>
cc

Subject
[Bassetlug mailing] Fairtrade in Bassetlaw

Hi BassetLUG,

I've had a letter from the 'Fairtrade for Bassetlaw' steering group
asking if we would supportive of their campaign. We have been approached
as they are asking community groups to support the campaign to get
Bassetlaw designated as a Fairtrade District.

see www.fairtrade.org.uk for more information generally or
www.fairtradeforbassetlaw.org.uk for info about the local initiative. To
suppor them we would, as a minimum need to commit to serve only
fairtrade tea and coffee at our meeting. We are already doing that at
The Crossing, not sure about the new mid week meetings?

I personally would be keen for us to support this campaign.

Comments please.

Regards, Mark