[Bassetlug mailing] Updated website

Rev Mark Pengelly minister at thecrossing.co.uk
Sun Feb 28 21:09:24 UTC 2010

Hi bassetLUGers!

Just to let you know, after reading an article in the 'Ubuntu Users'
magazine, I've updated the bassetLUG website, using a website generation
tool called 'Webgen'.

It's a kind of very basic CMS (Content Management Sytem) in that it's ruby
scripting tools automagically generate menus and site navigation on the fly
as new pages are added, but unlike more sophisticated CMS (Joomla, CMS Made
SImple etc) it produces simple static html pages which are then uploaded to
the webserver. This is fine for sites like bassetLUG which don't change too
often. It's quite ideal for a site like basset.lug.org.uk at present as the
static html content doesn't require mysql or php; the forner was withdrawn
from the lug.uk servers after their last web server attack.

The site is at an 'elementary' stage at present, but I'm quite happy to
share the developmentof it, I know Martin is willing to work on this...

BassetLUG will meet next friday as usual. Perhaps an introduction to webgen
could be part of the evening if you're interested?

Mark P

--
Mark Pengelly
Worksop