[Bassetlug mailing] Programming talk

mj.wells at ischus.co.uk mj.wells at ischus.co.uk
Sat May 8 15:08:38 UTC 2010

Thanks Danny for the talk on how to write simple programs using
MonoDevelop. I found it to be most stimulating.

It is very useful to know that programs are so easy to write and that C#
is very easy. I was impressed that we had a simple text editor up and
running  during the talk in just a few lines of code.

I am sure that I will go on to write a few of those quick tools that can
be so useful when we find something that an application does not provide.

Just thought, but how easy would it be to write a GUI wrapper around
ImageMagick's command line tools? It looks like this would be a simple
and very useful task.

Maybe a later talk could be for you to show us how to do some control;
like flashing an LED or something? How about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SO1J1kP3YQ

there are many other videos of this sort of thing in the list on the
right and googling the words: LED cube - brings up more.

You may find this interesting:

http://www.showmewithvideo.com/v/371,the-base-to-make-a-pocket-led-cube.html

Could that be the start of a project to build and control a robot?

Martin