[Bassetlug mailing] Programming talk

Danny Roberts dannyroberts.personal at googlemail.com
Sun May 9 18:59:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

First of all I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation. I also hope everyone
else got something out of it, personally speaking I enjoyed giving the
presentation. I would encourage anyone who's interest was piqued  to
follow it up as programming can be a very rewarding experience
especially when you see the end product.

Making GUI's for command line tools can be a very interesting and
rewarding project in my opinion as it makes your average user much more
happy. By average user I mean someone who would be terrified of using
the Command Line, so for these people GUI's make these great CLI tools
accessible and easy to use. As for Image Magick, I checked their website
today and there is around 17 GUI's available of it all written in
different languages. So for me I think my next project will be the AWN
Applets I just posted to the mailing list about (any Applet request?).

The LED Cube and learning IO programming sounds like a great Summer
Project for me personally, maybe that's something we can all work on
together (if anyone else is interested that is?).

Eventually I would like to move from that sort of things into Robotics
which is something I've also found fascinating, Daleks anyone?

Regards
Danny

Basset-LUG Homepage