[Bassetlug mailing] June's Meeting + Stuff for the summer

Danny Roberts dannyroberts.personal at googlemail.com
Mon May 24 13:35:49 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I have been speaking to Greg whom those who attended this months meeting
will have met, and he has agreed to give us a talk on image editing in GIMP
for our July meeting. I know a few of us were very interested in this so I
assumed it was OK to organise this?

Has anyone had any ideas for June's meeting or indeed beyond July etc? Will
Danny W bring his MythTV box? Will Mark shows us some cool new app he's
found?

Some ideas for future meetings I wouldn't mind giving talks on/showing
people (if you're interested):

Virtualisation - Running a virtual Operating System on Linux (Good for
testing new distros etc).
Reporting a Bug in Ubuntu - Help make Ubuntu better by reporting bugs.

Does anyone else have any ideas they would like to see or like to do
themselves? Mark I know you always know a lot about certain applications,
maybe you could show us something?

During the mid-week meetings at the minute me and Martin have been doing
some more programming particularly around controlling outside devices (I
still like the idea of controlling a Dalek...), and we have been making some
good progress. I'm going to start making an actual attempt at recording what
we do on my blog so anyone that wants to keep up and maybe join in my blog
is here: djrdevelopment.blogspot.com.

Hope your all well and enjoying the weather!

Regards
Danny