[Bassetlug mailing] BassetLUG Christmas 2011 - Game Programming Challenge

Danny Roberts dannyroberts.personal at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 2 23:18:47 UTC 2011

That's right, for this year's Christmas get together we will be throwing
down the gauntlet and challenging you all!

Since we had so much fun playing Open Source games at the 2010 bash we
thought "hey why not make our own games to play?". Its not as crazy as it
sounds...honestly!

So for all you experienced and even budding programmers out there, we're
going to have a little competition. Who can write the "most fun" Open Source
game this year? We want you to all write your own games and have them judged
at this year's Christmas bash. For the rules etc to enter please see here:
http://basset.lug.org.uk/xmas2011.php

Of course we encourage everyone to come to the regular
meetings<http://basset.lug.org.uk/meetings.php>if they need help
learning to program or having particular difficulties with
an aspect of their game - we'd be very happy to help! Of course you can get
help from all of us via this mailing list too if you wish.

But "wait!" you might be thinking "I can't program; does this mean I can't
come to the Christmas Get Together this year? :o(". Of course not! Please
come enjoy the company (the food too) and play the brilliant games that
people have entered into the competition and we'll all have a blast
together.

So lastly I just want to say if anyone has any questions please let us/me
know, and I hope this message finds you all well.

Regards
Danny R