[Beds] Re: UKUUG ?

Gibbsie gibbsie at gibbsie.org
Wed Nov 6 19:39:02 2002

Andy / Neil

Not from Northants, but a fellow Bedfordian.

I just wanted to mention that I have had a very similar experience with
UKUUG.  I've received their literature/propaganda, but it all seemed quite
"light" and I couldn't actually work out what you got for the membership
fee.

When I visited the recent Linux Expo, the two people on the UKUUG stand
seemed completely uninterested in answering the simplest of questions from
myself and others relating to the group, and were more interested in playing
with their Apple iBook and IBM ThinkPad ... it's a shame, but their loss
ultimately!

If anyone is a member of UKUUG, would be interested to hear of your
experiences and what you get for the membership fee, since it seems my ears
have only heard the negatives to date.

gibbsie