[Beds] Debian on EPIA Mini-ITX motherboard

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Thu Nov 7 13:57:01 2002

Neil Darlow wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've recently constructed a desktop system built around a VIA EPIA
> Mini-ITX motherboard and thought members might be interested in
> hearing about it.

*snip*

That's really spooky because I was justing looking at www.mini-itx.com
trying to work out if I could build a multimedia PC out of one of these
boards.  I would like to build a box to sit under my TV that would be able
to do mp3, ogg, DVD, DivX/MPEG4, pVCR stuff.  The big question for me I
guess is whether the board (533 or 800) had enough power to do
DVD/DivX/MPEG4 decoding/encoding in realtime.  I would have to get a
seperate graphics board anyway I guess to do the TV in and out so maybe
something with hardware decoding of DVD would be good.  I haven't seen
anything that does MPEG4 decoding/encoding that works with linux though so
if anyone has seen anything like this then let me know.
I don't know if you've played with DVD or MPEG4 on the machine at all but do
you think it would be up to this?

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service