[Beds] MOUNT QUERY AND BOOTSRAP QUERY

Gibbsie gibbsie at gibbsie.org
Thu Nov 21 17:47:01 2002

Thorold,

Whats the exact error you are getting when trying to make the bootstrap
with gcc 3.2?

I've had a whole range of gcc problems when building from
source/scratch, but I have successfully built Linux from source/scratch
under the UltraSPARC architecture (SPARCstation 20, Ultra 1, Ultra 30 -
the latter two with 64bit kernels) so the steps are some what different
if you're building x86 binaries.  Hopefully though, I might be able to
help?

gcc is a pain sometimes, its quite possible you skipped a step by
mistake (I know I missed a whole ton first time round - its so easily
done).  Don't let it put you off though, you'll get there :-)

gibbsie