[Beds] October News

Tom Chance tomchance at gmx.net
Tue Oct 29 13:15:01 2002

Hi Neil,

My reason for not attending many meetings now is that during term-time I
live in Reading! ;-) But if there are meetings in my holidays I'll try to come
along.

I think one good way of getting meetings going is to offer more than a
chance to get together and chat with fellow GNU/Linux users... one way would be to
attend other local LUGs' meetings that have something special planned (like
a talk from someone "famous", or an event), just to get Beds LUG members
together even if it's not on our own turf. We could also endeavour to meet up
when going ot other events that might be relevant, such as Linux Expos, other
technology shows, CDR (campaign for digital rights) meetings. Having a calendar
on the LUG web site which members could add entries to would make this a lot
easier.

Incedentally, how many "members" are there?

Tom