[Beds] Broadband...

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Wed Jan 26 18:38:41 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 26 Jan 2005 17:32, Darren Parkinson wrote:
> I know it's not strictly related to this group, but it is something we
> briefly discussed at the last meeting.  My BT Broadband lock-in has
> expired and I'm considering an alternative (less expensive) provider.
>
> I just wanted to gather some opinions on who you think are the best ones
> - who you use - what your experiences are etc...

Not NTL, unless you can help it. They're fine until something goes wrong, when
you're left trying to navigate their stupid phone system. Expect waits of up
to half an hour before you get an operator, followed by being shunted between
departments as each person tried to fix your problem given NTL's bizarre
disconnected support structure.

For example, a week after moving house I was disconnected, phone and
broadband. After some calls I'd get my service back for a few days, then we'd
be disconnected again. It took me almost a month to get things working again,
trying to call them when I had the free time and getting bounced between
staff until one kind soul took on my problem and actually (gasp) called
around NTL for me, then called me back whenever he had an update.

Regards,
Tom