[Beds] Tonights meeting

Darren Parkinson darren.parkinson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 21:21:18 BST 2005

Hi Lee,
 I think that Alan's suggestion makes sense and is the most likely cause...
Did you use ssh -v -v -v ... to identify where it was hanging? Perhaps the
alternative is to set up your own dns server maybe and stick that in
/etc/resolv.conf.
 I also found the following article which indicates that there could be an
issue with PAM too, although I don't know if your symptoms are the same...

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-February/037661.html

And finally it seems that someone on a Mac had similar trouble with their
ssh client and fixed it by recompiling etc... (and he's not the only one,
but with varying issues... -- see links below)
 Recompile: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050329185832952
Search Domains :
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050608020340547
Failed domain server :
http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?13@646.0Phxaxq621l.3@.68ae7b0c/25
Client problem, CheckHostIP directive :
http://www.livejournal.com/community/macosx/3931641.html
  Hope that helps... Let us know which was the culprit when you find it...
 Speak soon,
Darren.