[Beds] Who's Here?

Ben Bacarisse ben.lug at bsb.me.uk
Tue Aug 29 22:19:14 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 14:50 +0100, Stephen Newey wrote:
> Having looked around the lug.org.uk site, it appears there are active
> LUGs in Milton Keynes, Luton, Cambridge and Peterborough (and
> probably other places in between). I get the feeling this list is
> mostly populated by people in North Bedfordshire? I propose we find
> out a little more about each other with a short survey so we can work
> out the best way to move forward.
>
> So here's a little list of questions for anyone who's interested....
>
> 1. Say Hi! So we know who's here.

Hi.

> 2. Whereabouts are you?

Leighton Buzzard -- the "other" end of Beds.

> 3. What's your relationship with Linux? (how did you come to use it,
> what do you use it for, etc)

I just use it at home.  As an long time Unix (and its variants) user and
programmer it enabled me to feel at home again on own computer.  Now I
have become a FOSS bore and try to convert anyone who show a inkling of
wanting to loose the MS chains.

> 4. What's your preferred distribution? (no need to get into why
> unless you really want to, just establishing a demographic!)

Recent Ubuntu convert (from Mandriva).

> 5. What do you hope to get out of being involved with a Linux User
> Group? What sort of things would you like to see the group do?

It would be good to see how other people do things and to pick up and
pass on tips, but I should come clean and say that Bedford is rather far
to go for software tips.

--
Ben.