[Blackburn] ADSL (again)

Konrad Dąbrowski konraddabrowski at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 25 18:00:01 BST 2003

Hi

I've still not had time to get ADSL, but now hopefully have a working USB card
(I've spent most of today trying to work around IRQ conflicts- the USB card
kept changing its IRQs so that they conflicted with my network card).

Can anyone tell me how to get an ADSL modem to work? Which should I use? Also,
it may be better to use a router, but someone told me that I'd need 2 IP
addresses if I wanted to run a web server- is this true? (I'm running a P133
with Debian 3.0 and can upgrade to unstable if needed. Kernel version=2.4.18)

Thanks very much
Konrad D.