[Blackpool] last 2 saturdays coverage

MJ Hewitt admin at pcrecycler.co.uk
Wed Oct 7 12:19:47 UTC 2009

Hi folks -

Quick update on what was covered at the last 2 meetings.
last Saturday we looked at repartitioning hard  disks using the
Mandriva partitioning tool and took a quick look a shredding/wiping
data using DBAN.
The week before, Tony showed 2 distros booting from USB, (latests
Karmic Ubuntu, and latest Mint) Tony is a big Ubuntu fan! (isn't that
right Tony?) I showed Moblin and Xpud booting from USB these are both
Kiosk style distros, and Xpud is of particular interest to me because
it boots in 15 seconds on an Acer aspire one netbook. The emphasis on
USB stick booting was at Colins request who unfortunately could not
make it at the last minute.

--
Best regards,
Mike Hewitt