[Blackpool] last 2 saturdays coverage

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 7 13:53:06 UTC 2009

Hi All

Yes Mike's right on that, Ubuntu is my current OS of choice for my main
PC although I use Watt OS (an Ubuntu re-spin for both energy and system
efficiency) for my ACER Net book and I also like the spin off Linux Mint
which if you use the standard ISO gives you access to all the non free
codecs for MP3, DVD and other media playback such as Flash out of the
box. Saves on the hassle of loading the Medibuntu repository and
installing it all yourself.

However I loaded the latest Mandriva (Gnome) into Virtual box this week
and I'm quite impressed with the look and feel of it. I may try Kbuntu
in Virtual box at some time as I've not played with KDE much as yet.

I just keep learning and having the club and Mike's help it gives me the
confidence to try new things.

Hope to see some of you on Saturday

Regards

Tony