[Blackpool] Meeting 22nd June

Colin 63a at lineone.net
Thu May 27 12:36:25 UTC 2010

It was very interesting to see Win98 running on Les's Joggler - I'd never
have believed it.

I was also encouraged by Mike putting (or at leasat starting to put) Win98
in Virtual Box on his machine as I'd been unable to get it started.  On
Monday, though, I tried again with his suggestions & now have it up &
running & with Office97 installed!  Sheer Joy!

One slight prob though, I can't seem to get shared folders working or access
VB's floppy or get Win98 to see my USB drive.

Any thoughts anyone please?

Turning to Barcamp, did Les say he's had Ubuntu running on a PPC?  I could
bring my Clamshell (or I do have an iMac) to show it on a different platform
if he likes?  And would he be interested in DSL on my Thinkpad Flying
Machine (if he can cope with the sheer blinding speed, that is)?

We can look forward to Tony's experiment with booting hopefully on 3rd June.

See you all then!

Colin